Here I am again, with an easy recipe for delicious homemade bread rolls. I used about 2/3 rye flour and 1/3 all purpose flour so these are extra tasty and healthy. Also very easy to make. We ate these with herb butter and a delicious soup, something similar to my autumn soup which was served with a chorizo crumble with nuts. Very tasty!
To make 12 big rolls (or 20 smaller ones) you’ll need:
- About 50 grams of fresh yeast (dry will work too, then use 25 grams)
- About 350 grams of all purpose flour
- About 700 grams of rye flour
- Some seeds to taste, I used sunflowerseeds
- About 8 dl of lukewarm water
- Pinch of salt
- A few spoons of honey to taste
Dissolve the yeast in the hand-warm water in the bowl of your standing mixer. Then add the salt and honey. Add inn the rest of the ingredients and let it knead for about 10 minutes. Then let the dough rise for about an hour. After this you can form the rolls and let it rise one more time for about half an hour. Then put it in the oven at 225 degrees Celcius for about 20/30 minutes. When you knock on the bread it should sound hollow. Serve warm with some herb butter.